6 Reasons why you should practice Face Yoga
1. Tone, firm and lift your face and neck muscles - When you practice face yoga regularly, you will start noticing reduced forehead wrinkles and frown lines; lifted, more defined cheeks; reduced crow's feet, puffiness under the eyes, and dark circles; lifted corners of the mouth, plumper lips, reduced smile lines; defined jawline, and reduced doudle-chin.
2. Improve your self-image - People who practice self-love tend to have a healthy body image. Self-love can motivate you to adopt healthy habits and take care of your physical self. You will learn to treat yourself with kidness and make the mirror your ally. Instead of criticizing yourself, you will embrace your uniqueness!
3. Boost your mood and self-confidence - It is no secret that good body posture will prevent back pain and help avoid health complications, but it can also help you lift your mood, build your confidence, and make you appear more youthful. You will learn to assume a "power posture" during practice and throughout the day!
4. Activate your body-mind awareness - Face yoga poses are designed to build your awareness on how you are using your facial muscles. This will help you break bad facial habits that can cause stress in your mind and manifest in your face (unwanted sagging, wrinkles and folds). You will also learn how to relax your face muscles for a well-rested appearance.
5. Increase relaxation by self-calming - One of the main components of face yoga is mindful breathing which reduces stress and increase relaxation because of their self-calming effects. You will learn to concentrate on your breath and notice the changes as the body follows the mind into relaxation.
6. Improve your social and communication skills - Learning self-control through face yoga will make you feel more confident in interacting and communicating with others. The practice of face yoga poses help you enhance your facial expressions, which are a vital component for better non-verbal communications.